Infants & Children in Norfolk NE
Dr. Angie has completed additional training and holds a certification in pediatric chiropractic techniques. Chiropractic adjustments are gentle and safe for infants and children of all ages.
Research suggests that spinal trauma may occur in utero and can arise during normal delivery procedures; spinal dysfunctions that go undetected or neglected in a child may become more serious as an adult, so seeking care early in a child's life is important.
Chiropractic care in Norfolk NE can be beneficial for a number of pediatric conditions including: falls and injuries, asthma, ear infections, bed-wetting, allergies, colic and digestive issues, ADD/ADHD, and scoliosis.
Chiropractic care is vital in supporting the normal function of both mother and baby during the processes of pregnancy and birth.
Benefits for the mother:
- Prepares the pelvis for an easier pregnancy and birth by creating a state of balance in pelvic bone structures, muscles, and ligaments.
- Removes tension on the ligaments that support the uterus, reducing torsion and intrauterine constraint.
- Reduces interference to the mother's vital nervous system which controls and coordinates all of her systems and functions.
- Promotes a safe, easy birth for the mother, decreasing the potential for intervention.
Benefits for the infant:
- In the early weeks, allows space for the baby to grow without restriction to its developing cranium, spine, and other skeletal structures.
- In the later weeks, offers the baby the room to move into the best possible position for birth.
- Reduces risk of dystocia, surgical birth, and other interventions, because proper fetal positioning allows the baby to travel the birth canal with ease.